Flamborough Bird Observatory Trust Ltd. is wholly dependent on the work of volunteers and recognises the vital role that they play in the organisation.
The serving members of the Board of Trustees and the wider Management Team are all volunteers and commit many hours per year to the work of the Observatory.
New members are encouraged to take an active part in the Observatory’s endeavours and become volunteers as soon as they feel they able and have the time to commit.
Volunteers support all aspects of Observatory’s work and there are many different roles that need filling which includes but not restricted to:
- recording of wildlife
- welcoming of visitors
- providing information and welcome in the hides
- administration of Friends of FBO
- helping with Observatory merchandising
- accounting & financial affairs
- working with the conservation team
- premises management and maintenance
- fund raising
- promotion and publicity
- website and social media
- Observatory direction & management
If you feel you would like to become involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange an informal chat to explore your skills and knowledge and come to mutual agreement as to where your talents may be best employed.